home buttonabout uscontactadvertise

Friday, January 13, 2012

Waiting for Spring


I know we just finished our winter break, but I'm already making plans for spring!  Specifically, spring break.  No, I'm not going to go party and be an idiot.  I'm gonna repaint and redesign my room.  Trust me,  this make-over is much much needed!  The last time I painted it was when I was ten, and my best friend pressured me into choosing a garish neon orange and a quite offensive hot pink.  Maybe I'll take a few pictures of it before I paint so you can see just how hideous it really is.


Anyways, I'm thinking of going with the color palette above, and maybe painting my walls a soft white.  It would be nice to have a clean and simple canvas to work with.  Here's some lovely rooms I've found that serve as terrific inspiration.

Adore the colors and styling in this lovely dining room.

Love this fabric chandelier.  Plus Elsie has a great tutorial for it!

Fur chairs? Yes please!

Love this sweet set-up!

Maybe I can convince my boyfriend to build me a reading/crocheting/napping teepee.  And a matching one for my cat, of course.

So, do you lovely internet peoples have any ideas?


1 comment:

  1. Definitely go with white! That way if you want to switch it up you can, I would try offsetting the pastels with darker colors, like jewel tones so it doesn't end up looking nurserylike.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I try to reply to every one, thanks you guys!