home buttonabout uscontactadvertise

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Stitch Fix: Take Two

I received my second Stitch Fix shipment today!  A quick reminder:  Stitch Fix is a subscription styling service.  For a small $20 fee, their stylists will pick 5 items they think you'll like and send they to you whenever you ask.  All you have to do is fill out a thorough Style Profile to give them an idea of what you're willing to try!  You can get these shipments as often as you like, and it you decide to purchase one of the items the $20 goes towards the payment too!  Whatever you don't want you send back in the envelope/bag they send, postage free.  As always, I was super excited to see what there was. Who doesn't love getting surprises in the mail?  Overall, this box was okay.  I like most of the pieces, but everything was just too big to fit me.  I did keep one thing though.  Now that I'm don rambling, onto the clothing!


First up was an abstract printed maxi dress from MM Couture.  It was the most expensive item in the box, but it was really lovely.  I have trouble finding maxi dresses that are long enough for me because of my height, but this one was the perfect length!  The only problem was, the bust area was just too big.  I couldn't bring myself to spend $95 on something that didn't fit me just right, no matter how pretty it was.

Want your own?  You can find it here for $42!


Next was a belted shirt dress from Jack by BB Dakota.  I wasn't sure about this dress, it just fit so weird.  I'm used to tent dresses, but this one just looked strange on me.  The hem was cool, and the material was very soft and comfortable, but it just wasn't me.

This dress is available here on sale for $34!


This top from RD International is the only thing I kept from this shipment.  It is so comfortable!  The light, sheerness will be perfect for layering this season, and the colors are bright and vibrant.  I don't usually wear this pattern, but the great thing about Stitch Fix is they get me to try things I wouldn't normally wear!



This knit tank top from Jack by BB Dakota would've been another awesome layering piece, but I couldn't get past the texture of it.  Plus the bust was just too big for me.  I guess BB Dakota just isn't for us girls with small chests. *sigh*

Want your own?  Find it here for $34!


Finally, they sent this wrap ring by Karine Sultan.  I have to say, I really did like this ring.  It was very pretty, and would've fancied up just about any outfit.  But alas, it was too big for my fingers.


Want to try out Stitch Fix for yourself?  You can sign up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I try to reply to every one, thanks you guys!